Tuesday 4 June 2013

It's a Miracle.

"Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.
" - Bill Cosby

Hi.
It's good to be back blogging after my EXTREMELY LONG 4 days hiatus. It was excruciatingly long, I'll tell you that. But I needed that time though, I needed sometime to catch up with myself after the May Blogging Challenge which I participated in, It was more of a 'biography of me' kind of thing and I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'll do it again and again, if the opportunity arises.
Lol. That's a joke, I can't, at least not anytime soon. It can be quite difficult to consistently come up with something sensible for 30 odd days, you know.
However, it's really fun and a good way to get to know a little about a lot.

So anyway, today I'd like to talk about something God has blessed the world with - Laughter. If you take a couple of seconds to imagine what life will be like without laughter, then you'll understand why laughter is such a miracle. And perhaps more important than gold or crude oil or whatever.
Think of Everyone walking around with a frown. Man would probably not have any need for teeth.

Just imagine one of the 5 or 6 year old kids you know that have no visible teeth cos they've lost them.

Now think of what life will look like if every single human being on earth is looking like that kid.
Not a pretty thought, No?? I didn't think so. Pardon my digression.

Life throws us bricks, that's a fact but laughter is the pillow we need to minimize the effect of that brick on us. It's a buffer, it deadens the impact of the tantrums of life.

It works practically, it's like smiling at someone who is trying to hurt you. It shows that you are winning. We should therefore all learn to laugh, each and every single one of us at every giving opportunity.

People say laughter is the best medicine, but I do not agree, laughter isn't a medicine, it's a miracle, it's a miracle that immaculates us from hurt. Therefore live your life laughing and enjoying life's cheapest miracle.

Till next time,, Keep dreaming!!

2 comments:

Stephanie @ Life, Unexpectedly said...

I totally agree. I tend to be someone to see the comical even in tragic situations. My family is not this way. When I told them about the jokes a dear friend of mine made about her husband's battle with cancer (we're all on the cancer diet now, could lose some pounds!!), they were not at all amused. But laughing is such a wonderful coping mechanism. I remember sitting together after her husband had died, sharing stories about him and laughing. It helped everyone so much in all the tragedy. Thank you for this post, Bomi!

Unknown said...

I like that you said laughter is a coping mechanism. Very true. Thank you for stopping by.