Saturday 24 August 2013

Whatever!!

"Why does the rest of the world put up with hypocrisy, the need to put up a happy face on sorrow, the need to keep on keeping on??... I don't know the answer, I know only that I can't!"
- Elizabeth Wurtzel

A hypocrite, as most people know, or not, is a person who pretends to be someone they're not. Or a person who puts up a false virtue of religion or morality. Usually they play the 'over-righteous' card, and exhibit what is known as the 'holier than thou' attitude, 'thou' in this case, being you and I, except of course, if you are also a hypocrite which changes the whole complexion of what you're reading, but I'm pretty sure you're not. Moving on, imagine finding a preacher in a beer palour, in front of him a bottle of beer and a few couple more - some dead, some alive - so there's no pretending that he was there preaching the gospel. Now imagine that preacher has been the one bugging you about your lifestyle and why you need to change it, and perhaps he's also been giving you some scriptural reasons why you need to stop drinking.
Now imagine again finding that same preacher - possibly a day after - with the holy book, preaching the gospel, maybe to your friend. What will you do?? I just asked you a question but I'm gonna answer it, of course - I'll simply walk up - or down in this case - to him, shake his hand and happily say - "I thought you were gonna pay for my drink last night at the beer house, but you disappointed me, you just payed for yours and walked off, that's unfair."
Anyway my point is this - nobody has the right to tell a person not to do certain stuff, that they themselves cannot live without. Why should you tell me not to drink, when you are a drunk yourself?? Or the nearest thing to it. Why should a preacher stand on a pulpit - God's alter - and call adultery, or fornication a sin, when he/she engages in it himself/herself. I'm saying this because I recently read a story or a... I don't really know, I recently read something like that, a preacher slept with a 'preachee' lol! I'm pretty sure that word doesn't exist, but the important thing is that my point has been passed.
But the trouble is, people defend hypocrites, and I wonder why. Like, in that story, (or whatever) that I talked about, people are defending the preacher, you see?? Why should you be content with having a hypocrite preach the gospel to you?? I mean, I know we are all humans; but we are not all preachers. There's a reason not everybody in the world becomes a man or woman of God, and that reason is that it takes consecration to be that, you cannot stand on God's alter and be just 'another human' like the rest of us, there's something that should make you different, otherwise, we will all just go and establish our own church and stuff. Now, I don't know if the story (or whatever) I've heard is true, frankly, I don't care, it's not my church, the girl is not my sister, girlfriend or wife or whatever. But the truth is this kinds of stories constitute the main reason why I have nothing against people who don't believe in God, there are just too many facts that can confuse a person, for instance, how does an unbeliever react to that kind of story (or whatever)?
'Nuff said. Don't be a hypocrite. It's bad for you. By the way, I had no other title for this post, so whatever!!

Till next time,, Keep dreaming!!

4 comments:

Stephanie @ Life, Unexpectedly said...

I'm not a fan of the quote. I'm one of the people who put on a happy face if they are sad or who keeps going on even though I cannot go any more, and don't feel like a hypocrite for it.

With your post itself, I totally agree. Be true to yourself, stick to your believes, and don't lie about them. I am with you, this preacher has no right to preach negativly about the consumption of alcohol if he drinks himself. Period. Love the way you reacted though ;-)

Anonymous said...

The man didn't deny it, and you said you dont care because its not ur church but u shld because its a church. And if this is wats happenin in our churches then there's problem. The worst part is the pastor could not deny it, sayin dat he wants to hear 4rm God. What does he want to hear? Will God tell him if he had sex or not?

Unknown said...

Thanks. I feel the exact same way. Good to see you again by the way. How was the vacation - was it??

Unknown said...

I said I didn't care because i really do not. For me, it's really not about what people do cos people do a lot of things. Granted, it's a church and we should be concerned, but our concern isn't gonna change anything. The important thing is that the word has been spread, so people will be on guard, and preacher will know what not to do.