Wednesday 17 April 2013

Almost gorgeous

“There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.”

- Steve Maraboli

“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”
-Thich Nhat Hanh

Hi.. How's everyone doing?? It seems like it's been ages, I apologise for my absence: it's been due to circumstances beyond my control, and when I say 'beyond my control' I mean way, way, way, way beyond my control. I'm sure you know I'd never intentionally be apart from y'all., lol!
Anyway, what's been up? What's the 411?? On my part, I learnt something extremely important and extremely powerful. The advantages of feeling comfortable with yourself: feeling good in your own skin.
Being beautiful as a matter of fact, begins inside your head, It depends on what you think of yourself, how you perceive yourself. If you're insecure about your looks, you become insecure about yourself, and then you tend to believe that everyone who passes by you is looking out to see how bad looking you are, this could easily lead to depression. Depression kills.
Perhaps this illustration may be a good example - have you ever gotten dressed for work or school or wherever and then when you arrived at your destination you realized that the trousers or skirts you picked out has an extremely conspicuous tear on it? How did you feel throughout that day?? I can imagine.
Do you sometimes believe that you're almost gorgeous? That you'd be perfect if only that nose was just an inch shorter, or that eye was just slightly smaller?
People often say, 'you're as good as you see yourself' it's an issue of the mind, fine tune your mind, it's yours, manoeuvre it.
You're not almost gorgeous, there probably isn't such thing, you're perfect. When you begin to feel that you have to change something about yourself in order to be perfect, then unfortunately, there's a big problem. You can only give your best to society if you're comfortable in your own skin. Therefore, we need to learn the act of being comfortable with ourselves and our looks, that's the very first step to perfect happiness.
Till next time,, keep dreaming!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where have you been??

Unknown said...

I've been very very extremely busy..