Saturday 13 April 2013

Growing beards.

Sometime yesterday, I went to this thing with some of my friends.. It wasn't a party, just a bunch of people hanging out cos they had not seen or heard from each other in ages. I was really happy to see all of them, and I guess every other person was too. One thing I noticed and found disturbing however was, I was the only person in the group who didn't really have a well established reservoir of moustache/beard/facial hair. It kind of got me worried a little, a lot. Why do they all have so much hair on their face?? Why don't I have as much hair on my face?? Those were some of the thoughts that were going through my mind at the time, especially considering that I had earlier read somewhere that the development of facial hair signified the coming of age and garnering of wisdom for a man. Did it mean that everyone in that gathering was wiser than I was? Of course not, I thought as I struggled to dispel those thoughts and concentrate on my friends.


After the get together thingy, I still needed some answers so I decided to do a little research and I found out I wasn't alone, a lot of people a lot older than I am don't have any hair on their faces, non whatsoever. I learnt it had something to do with a persons gene or something and I learnt they were bound to come out, it was just a matter of time.

So to make myself feel better I decided to read a little about the disadvantages of having too much hair on your face. It worked. Now I feel a lot better cos folks tend to look kind of scruffy when they have their beards on, so who needs beards??
Buh Seriously tho, we need to feel comfortable with ourselves no matter what the situation is. So for now, I continue to rep #teambeardless, Till further notice.





Till next time,, keep dreaming!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is it 4 anyway

Anonymous said...

proof of wisdom.