Monday 6 May 2013

Absolutely Nothing!

Hi everyone, how was your weekend. It was a blast right?? I'm sure it was. It's a new week, be awesome.


Today on Blog Every Day In May, the prompt is a rather interesting one.. "If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question - what do you do?"

As a kid growing up the question 'what do you want to become when you grow up' popped up very frequently, rather, too frequently. Every child back then had a swift answer, very often without even considering the question properly.

''I want to be a doctor.'', "I want to be a lawyer", "I am going to become a banker".

At age 8, I was going to be a banker, the reason was simple, bankers dealt with a lot of money, a lot of money. So my thinking was that every banker was a rich man. You can't blame me, I wanted to be rich.

At age 12, I wanted to be a doctor - 'doctors are awesome.' I kept this ambition up for a very long time. Infact, I kept it up until I was about 16, and then I realized that I probably am not smart enough to be a doctor, I wasn't really comfortable with most of those science subjects in school, so there was no way I could make up a high enough grade for that. I ended up consoling myself by saying - 'doctors are often too busy anyway.'

I was growing up and my brain was getting more matured, so I started thinking better.

I don't want a life where I'd be caged in an office for 8 to 9 hours of the day. I don't want to wake up every morning, take a bath, take breakfast, go to work, come back home in the evening, have dinner, go to sleep, and continue with that cycle for the rest of my life. While I still have that option open (only a fool will close it), it honestly scares the life out of me.
I often say my imagination is too exciting to be caged within the walls of an office, I believe it is. I am a fresh graduate, so I am still thinking about what to do with my life.

I know that getting a steady job, is getting a steady source of income, and I know that there's often not a lot of things better than a steady source of income, so while I still contemplate on what's best for me, My answer to the question, what do you do remains - absolutely nothing. At the moment I'm happily unemployed. I know it won't last very long, I have to decide sooner or later. But right now, NOTHING!

Till next time,, Keep dreaming!!

No comments: