Saturday 25 May 2013

My New Black Shirt!



Saturday, Day 25. "Something someone told you about yourself that you will never forget (good or bad)."

BAD!

You ever had one of those days when even just by looking at the mirror you know you are unstoppable. You just look so damn good.

Ya, that was how I felt on the first day I wore my New Black Shirt. I bought it two days before, it was awesome. It just looked too good to be on the body of some inanimate, lifeless boutique model thingy, that is in serious desperation to look human. I wonder why boutiques use those things to show off shirts. I don't really know what it's called, but I think you know what I'm talking about.

So anyway, I bought the shirt. Deservedly expensive - relatively. And I took it home. It was perfect.

So the day came, I put it on, I just loved myself (no narcissist weird stuff tho). I was off to the bank to send some money to somebody. Getting to the bank, I met this long, infuriating queue, but I liked it, the longer I stand there, the more people get to admire my shirt. So there I stood, feeling awesome.

And Then,

She came, I'd never seen her before, she was about my age and she was walking straight towards me, I initially thought she liked what she'd seen and wanted to come and start a conversation.

I was so wrong.

The girl: Your Shirt.
Me: Oh wow. Thank you!
The girl: What??
Me: I said...
The girl: (Cutting in) ... Your shirt has a big tear at the side there... Look!

If the earth could swallow a person up, then was about a time as any. I was willing to die at that moment. And there I was thinking I was unstoppable, thinking I was the 'awesomest' creature to ever grace the earth, just one sentence from one girl STOPPED ME.

I didn't even notice when the lady walked away. I was heartbroken, empty inside, extremely tempted to just walk out of the bank hall and just go, but I display strength, sometimes.

I tried my best to avoid eye contact with anybody in that bank hall for the rest of my stay there.

At the end, I dragged my sorry self out and away, with my heart broken, the whole world weighing down on me, or at least it felt that way.

So that's the story of My New Black Shirt, attractive, but caused me heartbreak. I couldn't ever wear it again, it was torn beyond repair. Thinking about it still breaks my heart till this day, if nothing else, for the money.

Lesson?? Pretty obvious, not all that glitters is gold.
Not all that's attractive is truly beautiful!!

I Never told nobody until today, so if you reading, thank you!

Till next time,, Keep dreaming!!

16 comments:

Rachel said...

I would have been mortified too! Loved the way you wrote this post, it made me laugh :)

Anonymous said...

If I were you, I would have told her that it's the trend! ;) This is funny tho. Made me laugh :)

Unknown said...

lol. I was too broken for words at that point. Thank you for stopping by.

Unknown said...

haha. Glad you liked it. Thanks for stopping by.

Bisi said...

"Not all that's attractive is truly beautiful" i luv that line.

Soulz Rebel said...

Lmao poor thing...I had to laugh!

The Happy Type said...

AHHHHH!!! Stopped in your tracks by that damned tear! I bet you still looked great though tear and all.

Unknown said...

Yea.?? Thank you.

Unknown said...

Haha. Yeah.. Thanks.

Unknown said...

ohhh! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Don't stop writing man, you awesome, are you even sure we are related? *smiles* proud of you!

Unknown said...

Awesome piece of writing! Very impressive.

Unknown said...

lol!! Thank you bro!

jenn said...

aw, man. that sucks. my mom bought me a couple of shirts a few weeks ago, one of which was a short-sleeved, cotton, black v-neck. nothing special, but it was comfortable. i was at work, in our sidestock, trying to squeeze past a ladder someone had left open. it caught on a nail. smack dab in the center of my shirt, near my waist. i'd worn it twice.

Unknown said...

sad. It always sucks when that happens. Thanks for stopping by.

Aleshea said...

I love the way you wrote this. Not only was I laughing but I kept reading cause i wanted to know what would happen next