Tuesday 14 May 2013

Staring at the Mirror, et al.,



Hi.
Today's prompt is "Ten things that make you very happy".
That's a lot of things cos I am a happy person, as a matter of fact, that's almost every positive thing life has to offer, but I'm going to trim it down to ten things. I will count down from 10-1. Here goes...

10. Eating
A hungry man is an an angry man, I'm sure we all know that. I don't love to eat, buh I get depressed when I am hungry and depression leads to anger.

9. Watching a Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman collaboration.
Million Dollar Baby and Invictus are probably the two best movies I've seen in my life. They're a product of this collaboration. Whenever the two come together, magic happens.

8. Writing Screenplays.
Obviously, I love to write, but there's a special contentment I get when I complete a draft. I feel good, for lack of a better expression. I have only completed two full feature length screenplays, but many shorts. And there's a lot more in my head. I absolutely love it!

7. Cooking Something Delicious.
I'd be the first to admit that I am probably among the top/bottom 100 worst cooks in the world. But you know, sometimes miracles happen and I cook up something absolutely delicious. That gives me joy.

6. Hanging with Friends.
You know, I have fun friends. I don't do dishonest hedonists. When I am with friends, *owlcity's voice* it's always a good time.

5. Watching the Arsenal FC.
Hold up one second, this is a lot more complicated than it looks. Now The Arsenal is a top football side, but we don't win trophies, or at least not anymore. We haven't in 8 years. So The Arsenal causes me heartbreak, but I can't stop loving. Ours is a complicated relationship.

4. Dreaming to Be.
I am a dreamer. I love to imagine I'll be somebody relevant in the near future. Truth is, it may not happen, however, I always keep in mind that Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there. So I will always dream, No matter what happens.

3. Hanging with Family.
My dad, mom and 2 siblings are the 'awesomest' people in the entire Milky Way. And then my Aunts and Uncles are just amazing. Honestly, it don't get much better than having a great family. Love them!

2. Listening to Music.
You didn't think I was gonna skip this, did you? I love music, particularly music from a certain Adam Young (Owl City), that dude defines deftness. If you have never listened to an Owl City song, I'm sorry to say this but, you gotta go listen to an Owl City song bro.
I listen to other music of course, I also like Pink!, Avril Lavign, Eminem, Adele (who doesn't? She's a phenomenom), Drake, and so much more.

1. God, of course.
He's the creator of happiness. There's no me without him, and if there's on me, the issue/question of MY happiness won't even come up. So. Ya!

So that's a countdown of some of the things that put a smile on my face. If I ain't happy, believe me, I don't smile.
I also like looking in the mirror, for some strange, strange reason, but of course that's not good enough to get into my top 10.
And that's all I have to say about that. Bye!

Till next time,, Keep dreaming!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha u have a complicated relationship with arsenal. Thats funny

Secret Obsession said...

I agree with you on #1. Without Him, we'll surely be nothing. :)

Unknown said...

Very true Mary, thanks for stopping by.

Unknown said...

lol. Amusing right.? I love that team so much, but they just will not win.

Melissa said...

I love music, too. If you have any good recs, make sure to share!

Unknown said...

Or I have all sort'a records Mel. Thank you for stopping by.

Aleshea said...

I tell people all the time that they don't know how difficult it is to be a sports fan.

Unknown said...

It's so hard. It's so hard. Especially when your team fails to live up to expectation.

Soulz Rebel said...

What's sport? Bunch a sweaty ppl running around.. Pshh i no like sports only if I'm playing. And I'm terrible. I love your list btw. How could I have forgotten MUSIC?