Tuesday 7 May 2013

Claustrophobia

Hi everyone, how is it going?? It's been quite a day for me.
I am extremely tired, I have surprised myself actually. I have done some pretty amazing things today, which is always a good thing. try to make everyday of your life better than the previous, that is a way to get ahead.


So, on Blog Every Day In May today, the prompt is "The thing(s) you are most afraid of". Now, I must say this: Humans get scared; it's natural to get scared or afraid of stuff.

Different people have different things that scare them, phobias: which is an extreme fear of a certain thing, enough of the 'phobia lessons', I'm bored already.

Now for me, I am afraid of quite a number of things, at varying degree. For instance, I am scared of the dark, but I will rather be stuck in absolute, pitch darkness than be in a locked room where I do not have the key.
Yeah, you guessed right, I am claustrophobic, extremely claustrophobic.

Like, I am 100% sure that if anybody ever tries to lock me in a room and take the key away, I will commit murder, whichever century the person returns.

the idea that I lack the power or the control to leave a particular place when ever I want, scares the hell out of me.

I have tried severally to find a solution to this, I just can not. For some reason, when I am in a closed space, I feel very insecure, like something is bound to go wrong, and I can do absolutely nothing about it.

You see, nothing scares me more than not having a certain level of control over myself, I therefore will rather not imagine myself being attacked, kidnapped and taken into a small room somewhere, with my eyes covered, with a scarf or something. i just would rather not imagine it.
What are you afraid of?? Share with me. For now, I need to try and catch some sleep.

Till next time,, Keep dreaming!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

heights. I can die just by looking down from a high place

Anonymous said...

water. I cannot imagine drowning!

Unknown said...

haha. Scary isn't it?

Unknown said...

I know ryt?. Me too!

Anonymous said...

I dont want to even learn how to swim.

Nicole said...

Choosing darkness over locked rooms is a major case of claustrophobia. I guess it also shows that one of your fears is a lot stronger than the other one, which is good (in a sense that at least you know you can overcome your fear of darkness...under the right circumstances).

I met a woman who is so claustrophobic that she refuses to use the bathroom in a closed space....talk about getting a front-row seat to TMI when you're in the restroom with her!

~Nicole
www.madlabpost.com

Unknown said...

Oh, I think you should, we should always at least try to take steps to face our fears.
Ralph Waldo Emerson once said "in order to learn the important lessons in life, one must each day surmount a fear". So learn to swim, buh make sure you have a master trainer.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Nicole. Her's is probably a worse case compared to mine. Best not to be in a restroom with her. Lol!

Soulz Rebel said...

I know how to get you now... Kidding
you need to add a follow by email or some such thing to your blog so people can come back to it. Or maybe I missed it?

Unknown said...

Thank you very much Shanique. You know, I was just working on that gadget. I'm sure it's there now.

Soulz Rebel said...

Yeah I see it